Andesa, a wonderful client of mine, is looking to fill this great position. They’re a Best Places To Work award winning company with insurance industry leading products. Excellent compensation and a possibility of equity. In Allentown PA.
Did I mention Andesa is a great company to work for?
Reach out and send me a resume or send your friends who qualify. I would love for someone I know to get this job.
Chief Technology Officer
This position is responsible for the development and leadership of Andesa’s technology strategy and vision. The person in this role plays an integral part in Andesa’s strategic direction, development, and future growth. A key expectation of this position is to provide company-wide direction in a manner mindful of Andesa’s employees, clients and shareholders in areas of policy and planning to create an environment to foster the vision, mission and values of Andesa Services.
The Chief Technology Officer is accountable for:
- providing an industry-leading application offering in a SaaS-based “evergreen” environment,
- the safety, integrity and accessibility of the organization’s data and systems, and
- providing a work environment that supports the long-term growth and success of the technology department team members.
The Chief Technology Officer creates and maintains the Strategic Technology Plan. This document exists to serve the strategic business plan. It must assess the gaps between the current and future state and provide a roadmap that bridges those gaps. It must address:
- the people, processes and technologies that are required to fulfill the plan,
- the long-term viability of all major application platforms, and
- long-term plans for the continuous improvement of software configuration management systems and Andesa’s Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Application visionary – Provides visible leadership for Andesa within the technology and insurance industries. Researches and provides direction for Andesa’s suite of tools, features, functions and emerging technologies.
- Ensures application suite is available to and easily implementable by the Implementation Team.
- Identifies and implements new services and tools.
- Identifies and implements enhancements and efficiencies to existing services and tools.
- Leads design, development and implementation of new services, tools and internal support systems.
- Architecture visionary – plans and maintains IT infrastructure – evaluates and acquires necessary technology to ensure organization success. Proven record of finding efficiencies in current technology blueprint. Ability to analyze and review current hardware and data warehouse footprint and suggest recommendations for improvement. Ensures architecture supports established business process and is effectively designed to accommodate business growth.
- Leads the development and execution of Andesa’s technology strategy and vision.
- Monitors and reflects trends in industry technology, security and regulations as part of technology vision. Researches and recommends new technologies.
- Develops and assures adherence to Andesa’s Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity processes.
- Develops and assures adherence to Andesa’s architectural, security, development, coding and infrastructure standards.
- Leads the development and maintenance of Andesa’s network, telecommunications, hardware and software infrastructures.
- Develops and monitors Andesa’s technology budget.
- Builds and leads a highly-skilled and service-oriented technology team.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned.
- As a member of Andesa’s senior management team, this person must have extensive experience with the technology planning, development and operations in a responsive, innovative environment within the life insurance or financial services industry.
- A professional accustomed to a fast paced, “can do” approach and who enjoys growing a team and making a significant contribution will thrive in this dynamic environment.
- A motivated, self-directed professional willing to accept responsibility.
- Entrepreneurial and business-minded professional accustomed to wearing many hats.
- Experience working with a company in the $20-$200 million dollar range with multiple office locations.
- Experience leading in a BPO / Cloud-SaaS / outsourcing environment preferred.
- Experience with life insurance professional technology services organization and/or user groups are a plus.
- Ability to effectively communicate with clients and all levels of employees within the organization.
- Ability to develop and implement short and long-range technology capacity and operational plans.
- Demonstrated, problem identification, systemic thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Skills in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy and standards as well as the development and implementation of new strategies and procedures.
- Knowledge of current technological developments/trends in areas of systems, tool sets, hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- Knowledge of financial/business analysis techniques.
- Knowledge of practical application of engineering science and technology as it relates to software development.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Mathematics or related field. Masters degree preferred. Regarded as expert in field.
- At least ten (10) years of experience leading teams in a dynamic, growth-oriented technology environment; life insurance industry preferred.
- At least five (5) years in the lead technology leadership role, setting and implementing a company’s technology strategy and vision.
- Chief Executive Officer
- IT Operations Manager
- Senior Systems Architect
- Senior Data Architect